Hey people, it is that time of week once again. Just to preface this update: unfortunately I ran into some problems this week in the form of sickness, which left me lacking in the energy and focus to work effectively, so I wasn’t able to make as much progress on things from Tuesday onwards as I had hoped. Even now the effects are still lingering, but it’s a lot better now than it was during the week. With that said, let’s get into what I was able to achieve this week.
I managed to complete the clean outlines and even got the flat colours done for the piece. Up next will be the shading and highlights which I should hopefully be able to get through fairly quickly thanks to the limited colour palette and relative simplicity of the piece.
Tuesday: 3D Modelling
I had quite a bit of difficulty doing the retopology for the hand of the creature I’ve been working on for the past weeks, more specifically in finding an appropriate place to start with it. It isn’t complete yet but now that I’ve got a good sense of what I need to do with it I should have it done this week.
Wednesday-Thursday: Minor Project (Temporary)
I managed to implement the player shooting in the Sadistic Shapes remake this week. Like with the original the player will be able to freely move in any direction but will only be able to shoot forward.
Friday: Major Project (Temporary)
I coloured the other two poses for the Shadow King I’d sketched last week for use as placeholder sprites in the King of Shadows Visual Novel project.
Saturday-Sunday: Fun Items
I’ve mostly been taking it easy this weekend due to having been sick for most of the week, I finished the remaining UV mapping and retexturing on Pom Pom so she’s ready for conversion and import into Super Smash Bros. for in-game testing.
Well, that’s all for this week. Hopefully I’ll be completely back to normal within the next few days so I can get more done. See you all in next week’s update and thanks for following the development of King of Shadows.