Hey people, made some pretty good progress this week so I’ll get straight into it.
I started on the hair this week in terms of optimising the Rehoboam model. It’s not yet complete since I’ve only spent a couple of hours on it thus far but I’ve made enough progress that you should get a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the hair.
I’ve also somewhat fixed one of the issues I was having with the animations for the aerial attacks, however to make everything flow smoothly I’ll have to do some tweaking to the animations and placement of event triggers. But this might be something I’ll focus on more when I have the proper model and animations working in-game, for two reasons:
- There’s still a fair amount of functionality I haven’t been able to implement yet, it’s better to work on getting new features in now and leave most of the polish for later, which leads into my second point.
- It would be a waste of time to focus on changing the animations and changing placement of event triggers now when a better model and different animations (since the final animations will have to account for the robes) are going to be put into the game. The current model and animations have a different boneset to the final versions because of extra elements on the proper model, like the kneepads and hair.
That being said, I’ll try to get some work done on the targeting system this week so that the player will finally be able to lock the camera onto more than just the Shadow King.
Just a small thing, but my Dark Bowser mod for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has gotten nearly 350 downloads as of my posting this, very happy to see all of the support it’s getting.
Well, that’s about it for this week, see you all in next week’s update and thanks for following the development of King of Shadows.